Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy 9 Month Birthday

Luke turned 9 month's old on November 27th. Here are some things that happened during his 9th month of life that haven't already been blogged about:

  • Started blowing raspberries (sticking his tongue out and blowing). Fortunately this didn't happen too often while he was eating :0)

  • Moved from a crawling position to sitting up.

  • Got his 4th, 5th, and 6th teeth!!!

  • Went into a public bathroom for the first time. It was a nice one, but I still had to wash Mortimer after he dropped him on the floor.

  • Started clearing the spoon with his lips.

  • We started praying with him before he eats.

  • WE STOPPED KEEPING FEEDING RECORDS!! You know the ones they give you for the first few weeks to keep track of how long a feeding last, how much they ate, what was in their diaper, etc. We had 73 pages that had all of this info. from birth. I made all kinds of notes about what happened during the feedings to help figure out what worked/didn't work for him. I finally felt like he was eating and gaining weight well enough that it wasn't needed anymore.

and....

Ate Gerber banana puffs. I had to put it in his mouth and once he tasted it he liked it. (This was a momentary liking.)

Ate Gerber biter bars. (He still kind of likes to put these in his mouth, but he doesn't eat them like these pictures show.) Slept in the Ergo while we were on a Sunday School picnic. I haven't carried him in this very much at all so he wasn't crazy about it at first, but I think we both liked it :0) His mattress was lowered. He hadn't been standing up or having any problems up high, but we thought he might be getting close.....We dressed up! I can't figure out where we were going. I've checked the calendars and racked my brain, but I know we went somewhere otherwise I'd be in pajamas or workout clothes :0) We took some carrots to Jasmine the horse on one of our walks, then let our Jasmine see her up close :0) Chewed on teething rings! We have tons of them, but I always forget to get them out of the refrigerator. I think his gums would appreciate me helping out more often! Pa taught him how to drive his first car. Spent time with family. Enjoyed playing with his toys.


Was SO cute!

No comments: