Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SPLAT!

My first attempt at making carrots did not go as planned. I thought it was going to be the easiest food yet.

I bought the baby carrots so they didn't need to be peeled or sliced, just rinsed. I steamed them for the short amt. of time they required, pierced them with a fork to make sure they were done, & then proceeded to puree them in the food processor.

That didn't work so I tried the hand mixer.

When that failed, I gave the blender a try, the machinery I've only used a handful of times.

I finally got the LARGE batch pureed & was ready to fill the ice cube trays.

Everything was running smoothly now.

Then, the bottom fell out of the blender.

So after an hour of extra time, a phone call to Lydia, & a LOT of mess was cleaned up my "easiest" cooking time was complete.

At least Jasie was there to help.

1 comment: