Friday, July 17, 2009

Staycation

Instead of going camping in the middle of the summer, we spent a weekend at Grampa and Grammie's with Uncle Eric, Aunt Lydia, Elijah, and Haven. We went to several restaurants, walked at Long Hunter State Park, went to the neighborhood pool, played cornhole, and started a band. We had a GREAT time!


The pool was nice and warm this time so Luke really liked it. Daddy will be great at teaching him how to swim because he was a lifeguard you know :) (Pa can tell you a great story about Matt's "lifeguarding" skills.)

All nice and clean after being in the pool.

I can't remember why Matt needed my shoes, but yes, they fit just fine.

The pictures Grammie were in didn't turn out, but she was the best at cornhole. (Side note: I googled cornhole to see if it was 1 word or 2. This website
http://www.playcornhole.org/ is full of info.! I guess we are joining in spreading the love of cornhole.)

This is what we all needed to do after a busy weekend.

All of us rocked it out at some point, but these are the only rockers that got caught in action. I'm thinking they should try out for America's Got Talent!

3 comments:

Justin and Elizabeth said...

How funny, Justin cousins got us into cornhole over our vacation in NC(I had never even heard about it before) and he came home and built us one. It is addicting! Looks like yall had a lot of fun. Luke is precious!

Grammie said...

It was such a blessing to have you all here for our "Staycation". It's fun 'making memories' with our family. We love you all!

lydia said...

That video is so awesome, especially how there is an "Asleep" category in the credits. I also like how I say, "Oh, I dropped out!" like something was wrong with the game. I'm glad you looked up if cornhole was one word or two; that is so something I would do~:-)