Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our 7th Anniversary

Our 7th anniversary was on June 15th. We didn't have any plans since we had Luke's doctor appointments and we are going to officially celebrate at the end of the summer when Keith Urban comes to town. Since we had such great news from the doctors, we went on our first date since Luke was born. A few years ago we had gone to Stoney River- I loved it, Matt didn't. However he agreed to go back. Wouldn't you know that I didn't care for it this time, and he liked it (not loved it- because he only loves Ruth's Chris :) ). We did have a really good waiter, one who went above and beyond his call of duty.....There was this wonderful "piece" of chocolate cake served with 2 shot glasses of milk. Halfway through us devouring it, I realized we didn't get a picture of the cake intact. I started looking around to see if anyone else was having a piece delivered to their table, and planned to ask to take a picture. Luckily that didn't happen so I didn't have to COMPLETELY embarrass myself. I giddily asked Matt a couple of times if he thought they would bring one out from the kitchen. Being the WONDERFUL husband he is, he told the waiter what my "dilemma" was. Since he is so GREAT with people, the waiter said it would be no problem. Don't you know that he went to the kitchen and told them about the crazy woman at his table! So here is the cake & milk that would later be served to someone else :) Believe it or not, Matt ate more of our cake than I did! We had a GREAT day!

5 comments:

Mark and Janet said...

mmm, chocolate cake! congrats on your 7th! we're going to see keith urban too.

Jo-Ann said...

Happy anniversary!

I happened upon your blog and wanted to say that my first son was born with a unilateral clubfoot (with other complications). I was hoping it would be alright if I added your blog to my list of foot blogs.

Laura said...

Hi Jo-ann. I don't mind at all. How is your son doing now?

Kelli Trontell {Photography} said...

oh my goodness!!! what a great post....for many reasons:

1. HApPY AnniVerSary!

2. Great taste in Steak houses. We LOVE both {Stoney River & Ruths Chris}

3. The CAKE story.....how funny! I loved that you thought of taking a picture {of course} and asked for a new one from the kitchen!! Matt IS a great husband...love it!

Jo-Ann said...

Sorry I didn't get back sooner... I sort of get lost in the blog world. lol

My son is 6 and still has challenges with his foot due to the other complications of nerve damage. It will be a challenge his whole life, but mostly while he is growing. Currently he sees a p/t once a week and I do p/t with him daily.

That said, he runs, plays soccer, climbs trees and generally is a normal 6 yr old. :)