Monday, January 11, 2010

What's Cooking?

When I was still in college, I ordered hundreds of cooking cards. I love them because they have pictures! I don't think they are available anymore, but Better Homes & Garden has lots of recipes AND pictures online! INGREDIENTS: 1 pound ground beef 1 cup chopped onion 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans 2/3 cup evaporated milk 5 ounces tortilla chips, slightly crushed, plus 2 ounces whole chips 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese Serves 6 1. Preheat oven to 375. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add beef and onion. Cook until beef is browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain well. 2. Add enchilada and tomato sauces to skillet; stir well. Cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. 3. Spoon beef mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Combine beans and evaporated milk in a small bowl. Spread over beef mixture. 4. Arrange whole tortilla chips around the edge of dish. Top casserole with crushed chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake casserole until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Now, for those of you who know I am a picky eater, you know the ingredients listed above include several things I have never eaten. I am getting braver, but we left out the beans and onions. So, pretty much, the 'bravery' included trying enchilada and tomato sauces :0) Here's the masterpiece that Matt fixed. It was yummy!

1 comment:

Grammie said...

That looks really yummy! I'll have to make that sometime.